Monday, September 8, 2008

Street Food Frenzy

Oh deary me, I am soooo in love with Thai food! I may even have to create a new blog to cater for my new love! I don't remember it being this good, although I don't remember the people being so nice either... perhaps we are the ones that have changed?

Bighead and I decided to go for a wander through the market, in search of a bite to eat. Everything looked so exciting, it was really hard to choose. Unfortunately, a lot of the food is portioned out in to small plastic bags (which looks cool but makes it hard to avoid using them). We ended up getting this Thai style salad bag (which you can see at the bottom of the pic above), some honey coated dried beef, and some mini grilled bananas. We headed down to a park next to the Chao Phraya, and went about making up these delightful leaf packages from our salad bag (just as the lovely stall owners had showen us). The bag included: Green leaves (not sure what kind), shredded roast coconut, ginger, red onion, dried shrimp, peanuts, honey and chilli. Devine.
I meant to remove the chilli from my parcel after taking the photo, but I forgot and accidently ate the whole thing. It was hot, but I'm pleased to say, the experience has definately not put me off chilli. In fact, it's probably given me the confidence to be a little more daring!

Such a tasty lunch, so different and fresh and all for just NZ$6.

0 comments: