Saturday, November 1, 2008

SURPRISE!

After a total of...

eight hours on a train, two hours in taxis, twelve and a half hours on planes, thirteen hours waiting in transit, three boarder crossings, four airports and far too much airline food...
WE'RE HOME! In good old Wellington, New Zealand.

It's 5:30pm, I'm sitting in bed under the covers with my hood pulled right up over my head, it's blowing a gale outside and the rain is horizontal. It feels strange because I'm wearing jeans and have socks on. It's cold.

To be fair though, yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous Wellington day with clear blue skies and no wind. We had a great time surprising a few different people and I've had a much anticipated, lovely long cuddle with a cute wee newborn.

WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE? Aren't we supposed to be setting up camp in Thailand?

We've come home (sooner than anticipated obviously) to sort some things out regarding Bighead's business. It's growing even more rapidly than we'd anticipated which is great! We're not sure how long we'll be back but it's looking like it'll be at least until March/April next year.

Even though we've known for a while that we would be heading home, I'm still quite shell shocked that we're actually here. The last few weeks were such a whirlwind that I'd not put much thought into our return. It feels very strange.

The next few posts will be about our time in Kuala Lumpur, where we spent five days eating up a storm... mmm roti. After that? Not sure, perhaps I'll write some stuff about Welli. You'll just have to wait and see!

4 comments:

Jenny Beattie said...

Oooh. Well, I didn't see that coming. Hope you have fun back home.

samesame said...

Thanks JJ, it's like a double edged sword really, a whole bunch of mixed emotions.

mrsvic said...

wow that caught me by surprise, great news bout bigheads business, what you gonna do hun? keep us posted have fun back in welli x

samesame said...

I wondered if you were still tuned in :) It's back to work for me I'm afraid. I'm gonna help out with the biz and hopefully do the odd day teaching here and there. I'll post some welli stuff for ya!