Wednesday, October 15, 2008

May Kaidee's Cooking Class

I don't really have anything to compare it with considering it's the only cooking class I've ever done. However, I had a great time, albeit a bit slapstick. The dishes were so easy to cook (I wish I had someone to prepare all my ingredients and clear away all my mess every time I cooked!).

May is genuinely kind, loads of fun, full of energy, and has a passion for life and business that I find inspiring. She sure knows how to make a mean pumpkin hummus too!

Snippets of song and dance made their way into the class throughout the afternoon, performed only by May I might add. We called them her May Kaidee jingles because each song was like a mini promotion for her and the restaurant.

We were shown how to make a green chilli paste before cooking about 10 other dishes from her menu. It's amazing the masterpieces you can create from such simple ingredients.
Issan Vegetable Stirfry with Vegetarian Sausage

The best thing about it was that we got to eat everything we cooked, including her famous black sticky rice with mango and banana. Devine. Doesn't the name just make your mouth water?


We're off to Phnom Penh, Cambodia this afternoon. A whole new country, very exciting!



0 comments: